Dessert To Go
Fun-to-eat pudding treats the kids will love!
1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries
3 cups whipped topping
1 (4-serving-size) package any flavor instant pudding (chocolate is good!)
1 3/4 cups cold milk
6 flat-bottom ice cream cones
Colored sprinkles and/or maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Put a colander or strainer in a bowl. Pour cherries into the strainer, draining the juice into the bowl. Save the juice to add to orange juice or other drinks; you do not need the juice for this recipe.
- Put the drained cherries on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, carefully cut each cherry in half. Have an adult show you how to use the knife. Set aside.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions using 1 3/4 cups cold milk. Refrigerate pudding 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put cherry halves in a large mixing bow. With a rubber spatula, scoop whipped topping into the bowl. Stir gently until cherries are mixed with whipped topping.
- Fill each cone with 1/4 cup pudding. Top each with 1/2 cup cherry mixture. Decorate with colored sprinkles or a maraschino cherry. Serve immediately. This dessert is best eaten with a spoon.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph are provided courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute.